FFA Meeting -
There will be an FFA meeting during lunch on Wednesday, January 6th during lunch for middle school and high school in the agriculture classroom.
Speaking Contest Practice -
Anyone participating in the FFA Speaking Contests, there will be practice on Tuesday and Thursday Mornings starting on Thursday, January 7th until the contest in the Agriculture Classroom starting at 7:15am. If you are looking for extra help come in during these days.
Career Development Events -
- Sign up for Career Development Judging at UW-River Falls on April 2. The sign up was put up on the FFA bulletin board on December 1st. There are still plenty of spots to sign up. This will be a fist come first served sign up. This will allow us time to practice. If you have questions about the contests please contact Mrs. Kirkham.
FFA January Activity -
Rodeo - January 5 - Permission Slip Attached - Spots are limited so it will be a first come first served basis. - Permission Slips Due - January 15th.
3:45 – Bus arrives at Augusta High School for pick up
4:00 – Bus departs Augusta High School\
4:30 – Pick up at Memorial High School, Eau Claire
4:40 – Bus departs Memorial High School, Eau Claire
5:45 – Bus arrives in Baldwin
- Eat supper (McDonalds, Subway, Dairy Queen, Hardee's, Culvers)
6:15 – Depart Baldwin for Xcel Energy Center
7:00 – Arrive at Xcel Energy Center
7:30 – Rodeo begins
10:00pm (or sooner) – Depart Xcel Energy Center for home
**Please bring money for food. We will be stopping at a fast food restaurant to eat supper. There will also be food at the Xcel center for a much higher price.
**If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mrs. Kirkham at school at 715-286-3376 or cell phone at 715-828-0123.
**Permission slips must be turned in by January 15th, 2016!
Cost per ticket = If you sold $300 in fruit = FREE If you did not sell fruit = $35.00
There is a limited number of spots available. Tickets will be at a first come first served basis. Your name will be put on the list when money and permission slip are turned in.
Livestock Exhibitors - the following information is from Lisa Vetsch
MAQA – Please remember that MAQA is required of ALL exhibitors this year (unless you have a current test-out on file). There are two meetings scheduled – the first will be Saturday, February 20, 2016 – 9:30AM at the Extension Office. I would encourage those that wish to attend this meeting to sign up with the Extension Office. SPACE IS LIMITED!!!
Meeting #2 – Monday, February 15, 2016 at 7 PM at Osseo Fairchild High School – Educational Meeting/Biosecurity
Meeting #3 – Monday, April 4, 2016 at 7 PM at Augusta High School – Fair Book Entry, Stalling Forms and Fair Volunteers.
MAQA – Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 9:30 AM at the Extension Office in Altoona and Monday, April 25, 2016 6:30 PM in Augusta.
Weigh-IN - Sheep, goats and hogs will be weighed on Friday, April 8 from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. and on Saturday, April 9 from 9 am to 11 am at the Exposition Center.
- National FFA Scholarship Applications Due - February 1st
- District Speaking Contest - February 2nd - Stanley - Boyd High School
- Worlds Toughest Rodeo - St. Paul, MN - February 5th
- Proficiency Award Applications due - February 11th
- American Degree Applications Due - March 7th
- National FFA Week - February 22nd - 26th